Available for adoption at one of our adoption locations
Faithful To Felines Main Location
2525 Hall Rd. Muskegon, MI 49442
Monday 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Wednesday 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Thursday 8am – 11:00am (by appointment only)
Saturday 10:00am – 1:00pm (by appointment only)
Adopt A Days at Petco
5239 Harvey St. Norton Shores, MI 49444
Saturday 12:00pm – 4:00pm*
*Due to COVID-19 hours at PETCO are subject to change. Follow us on Facebook for all the latest updates!
Cats that need you the most
Faithful to Feline’s is one of the few places that has an entire separate room to take in and care for FIV positive cats. Many cats with FIV live long and healthy lives.
According to Cornell University, Veterinary school of Medicine, “The primary mode of transmission for FIV is through bite wounds from an infected cat. Casual, non-aggressive contact, such as sharing water bowls or mutual grooming, does not appear to be an efficient route of spreading the virus. As a result, cats in households with stable social structures where housemates do not fight are at little risk of acquiring FIV infections. Only on rare occasions, an infected mother cat may transmit the infection to her kittens. However, if the mother becomes infected with FIV during her pregnancy, the transmission risk to the kittens is increased. Sexual contact is not a significant means of spreading FIV among cats.” (Cornell University, 2021).
You must be 18 years or older to adopt from F2F.
F2F accepts cash, checks, or credit cards.
If you are interested in a specific cat, you might want to call or e-mail right away as we can not guarantee any cat will remain available for adoption.
Most F2F cats have been abandoned, dropped off, or surrendered by people who could not or would not take responsibility for them. We do not know the complete history of most of our cats.
If you originally adopted from us we will always take our own cats back by appointment only (shelter phone 231-773-3030) just leave us a message with your name, phone number, and cat’s name and we’ll call you back to arrange that appointment. DO NOT LIST THE CAT ON CRAIG’S LIST, OR ON ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA.
- Please be advised, F2F reserves the right to deny any adoption application for any reason.
F2F is ran by volunteers, your patience is appreciated while we answer your inquiry about adoption.
This information is not to be construed as a complete list of F2F’s adoption policies but is for informational purposes only.
A complete list of F2F adoption policies can be found on the adoption contract and paperwork.
Please click here to learn more about our adoption policies or to fill out an application.
Our Adoption Fees:
- $80 for adults cats (including our seniors)
- $145 for 2 adult cats
- $100 for kittens (6 months & under)
- $175 for 2 kittens
Accepted forms of payment include cash, debit or a check made out to Faithful To Felines
This fee includes:
- All cats and kittens are spayed or neutered before adoption.
- Overall Health and Wellness check by a licensed veterinarian.
- Age-appropriate vaccinations (including Rabies if 4 months of age at the time of the adoption).
- Deworming (hookworms & roundworms).
- Microchipping (registration is included).
- Fecal Test (to clear of internal parasites).
- FIV/FeLV testing.
- Flea Treatment
Faithful to Felines’ Barn cat program
ARE YOU A CAT LOVER WHO HAS A BARN, STABLE, WAREHOUSE, OR OTHER SECURE OUTDOOR STRUCTURE?
F2F Barn Cat Program
Sometimes we have cats who cannot live as house cats. This program is designed to find homes for cats that have traditionally been deemed un-adoptable through our typical adoption process. Cats in our Barn Cat Program have temperaments that range from feral to friendly and usually fall into one of three categories:
- Cats whose litterbox habits make them unsuitable to live in a traditional home
- Cats and kittens who are feral or semi-feral, and who are too old to be socialized
- Cats who need the stimulation of an outdoor environment and do not do well inside
We refer to these cats as “barn cats” because that is the most common housing option. However, there are many types of buildings that could provide a safe, happy home for one of these special cats. Perhaps you own a warehouse, a workshop, or a garage – as long as the cat(s) will be cared for and will have appropriate shelter, we are willing to consider creative locations!
It is important to note that we do not adopt cats who are suitable to be household companions to barns, only those cats without other options.
WHAT YOU NEED:
When you adopt a barn cat, you agreeing to give them:
- Shelter in a barn, outbuilding, stable, or other suitable shelter to protect them from preparators or harsh weather
- Daily food and water – cats cannot live on mousing alone!
- Veterinary care, as needed
- A secure place to keep them for the first 2-4 weeks while they acclimate to your space. This should be a secure indoor enclosure from which they cannot escape. We can lend you an introduction cage if no secure area is available.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
All barn cats available for adoption are spayed or neutered, vaccinated, have received initial deworming and flea/tick preventative, and are microchipped and ear tipped (for permanent identification purposes). When you adopt a barn cat, we will go over with you how to acclimate your new cat to their new surroundings and make them feel at home.
While there is no set adoption fee for barn cats, we kindly request a donation to help offset the cost of their medical care.
If you have any questions about the program, feel free to email us. Due to the nature of the program, we may not have suitable cats available immediately, but will try to fill your request as soon as possible. We maintain a waiting list as the number of cats available for the Barn Cat Program will fluctuate.