Faithful to Felines provides shelter to lost cats and kittens; cares for, protects, and finds quality homes for homeless and neglected cats; and advocates animal welfare for the betterment of our community and the mutual benefit of cats and their guardians.
Faithful To Felines envisions a community in which 100% of cats and kittens find loving homes, and in which euthanasia because of pet overpopulation is eradicated.
Faithful to Felines’ driving force is its volunteers. A mutual passion for the care of cats and kittens, along with a respect and support for each other has kept F2F functioning. For us, this has been a journey of hope, and of joy, and of an extraordinary amount of sweat
Click here to view our cats on our Petfinder! We strive to update our Petfinder page every hour! If you see a cat you are interested in contact us ASAP. We cannot guarantee that a cat will remain available. Thank you for adopting!
To adopt a F2F cat or kitten, visit one of our adoption locations to find your purfect match! Our volunteers are dedicated and make it their mission for you and your family to meet your new family member. If possible, we encourage the whole family to be a part of the final decision. We can guide you through our beautiful shelter to meet our awesome cats. PLEASE NOTE: Kittens (6 months and under) are not at our shelter location but are in foster and can be seen by appointment only call the shelter at 231-773-3030. To learn more about our foster program click here.
Adoptions typically happen on the same day! Please make sure to bring a carrier (or 2, Hey we don’t judge!). Don’t have one? No problem! We can lend you one but a $20 holding fee is required. Once you bring back our carrier, we will refund the $20.
If you are interested in a particular cat or kitten or have adoption questions, please visit our beautiful facility in Muskegon. You can also call us at 231-773-3030, or email us at email@example.com.
Main Adoption Center
2525 Hall Rd. Muskegon, MI 49442
Monday 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Wednesday 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Thursday 8am – 11:00am (by appointment only)
Saturday By Appointment only – 10:00am to 1:00pm
Petco in Muskegon
5239 Harvey St. Norton Shores, MI 49444
Saturday 12:00pm – 4:00pm*
*Due to COVID-19 hours at PETCO are subject to change. Follow us on Facebook for all the latest updates!
- All cats and kittens are spayed or neutered before adoption.
- Overall Health and Wellness check by a licensed veterinarian.
- Age-appropriate vaccinations (including Rabies if 4 months of age at the time of the adoption).
- Deworming (hookworms & roundworms).
- Microchipping (registration is included).
- Fecal Test (to clear of internal parasites).
- FIV/FeLV testing.
- Flea Treatment
- $80 for adults cats (including our seniors)
- $145 for 2 adult cats
- $100 for kittens (6 months & under)
- $175 for 2 kittens
- You must be 18 years or older to adopt from F2F.
- F2F accepts cash, checks, or credit cards.
- If you are interested in a specific cat, you might want to call or e-mail right away as we can not guarantee any cat will remain available for adoption.
- Most F2F cats have been abandoned, dropped off, or surrendered by people who could not or would not take responsibility for them. We do not know the complete history of most of our cats.
- If you originally adopted from us we will always take our own cats back by appointment only (shelter phone 231-773-3030) just leave us a message with your name, phone number, and cat’s name and we’ll call you back to arrange that appointment. DO NOT LIST THE CAT ON CRAIG’S LIST, OR ON ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA.
Please be advised, F2F reserves the right to deny any adoption application for any reason.
F2F is ran by volunteers, your patience is appreciated while we answer your inquiry about adoption.
This information is not to be construed as a complete list of F2F’s adoption policies but is for informational purposes only.
A complete list of F2F adoption policies can be found on the adoption contract and paperwork.
Please click here to learn more about our adoption policies or to fill out an application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.
F2F Barn Cat Program
YOU CAN HELP SAVE A CAT!
ARE YOU A CAT LOVER WHO HAS A BARN, STABLE, WAREHOUSE, OR OTHER SECURE OUTDOOR STRUCTURE?
Sometimes we have cats who cannot live as house cats. This program is designed to find homes for cats that have traditionally been deemed un-adoptable through our typical adoption process. Without this program, these cats would have to be euthanized as they would not be successful living in a typical home environment. Cats in our Barn Cat Program have temperaments that range from feral to friendly and usually fall into one of three categories:
- Cats whose litterbox habits make them unsuitable to live in a traditional home
- Cats and kittens who are feral or semi-feral, and who are too old to be socialized
- Cats who need the stimulation of an outdoor environment and do not do well inside
We refer to these cats as “barn cats” because that is the most common housing option. However, there are many types of buildings that could provide a safe, happy home for one of these special cats. Perhaps you own a warehouse, a workshop, or a garage – as long as the cat(s) will be cared for and will have appropriate shelter, we are willing to consider creative locations!
It is important to note that we do not adopt cats who are suitable to be household companions to barns, only those cats without other options.
WHAT YOU NEED:
When you adopt a barn cat, you agreeing to give them:
- Shelter in a barn, outbuilding, stable, or other suitable shelter to protect them from preparators or harsh weather
- Daily food and water – cats cannot live on mousing alone!
- Veterinary care, as needed
- A secure place to keep them for the first 2-4 weeks while they acclimate to your space. This should be a secure indoor enclosure from which they cannot escape. We can lend you an introduction cage if no secure area is available.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
All barn cats available for adoption are spayed or neutered, vaccinated, have received initial deworming and flea/tick preventative, and are microchipped and ear tipped (for permanent identification purposes). When you adopt a barn cat, we will go over with you how to acclimate your new cat to their new surroundings and make them feel at home.
While there is no set adoption fee for barn cats, we kindly request a donation to help offset the cost of their medical care.
If you have any questions about the program, feel free to email us. Due to the nature of the program, we may not have suitable cats available immediately, but will try to fill your request as soon as possible. We maintain a waiting list as the number of cats available for the Barn Cat Program will fluctuate.