“Way down deep, we’re all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them.” – JIM DAVIS
Volunteering is such a rewarding and fun experience for anyone and everyone. We have duties for people of all different skills. Are you ready to make a difference? Click here to download a copy of our volunteer form, fill out and drop off during open hours OR fill an application out online below!
If you would like to print off a physical copy of our volunteer application click here.
Feel free to mail it to us at 2525 Hall rd. Muskegon, MI 49442, drop if off during open hours or if you need assistance filling out this form, you can bring it in during open hours and a volunteer will be more than happy to help you.
We value you and your time we have a number of volunteer duties available at our shelter. If you do not see the exact role you are looking for apply anyway because we have duties for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, because of you we can make a difference
Joining our Team
We have a large number of volunteer roles available so whatever your interests, skills and experience; and however much time you have to give, we hope to find the right role for you so you can help us to help more cats in our community. If you’re for cats, we’re for you.
We welcome all kinds of people to volunteer with us. We don’t have an upper age limit, but you’ll need to be 18 years or older (or accompanied by an adult that is 18 years or older) for most of our roles, and you’ll have to be older than this for others. Please look at the specific opportunity you are interested in for more details.
- Cat room cleaner/TLC giver
- Foster caregivers
- Special events/petco adoption days
- Fundraising/donation events
- PETCO cleaner
- Blog writer
- Community education
- Handy work
- Office work
- Photography and many more
Faithful to Feline’s Volunteer of the Month goes to… Cindi!!
“VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH”
Cindi has been with F2F for 5 years.
Cindi has numerous tasks she performs almost on a daily basis. She enters all cats that come to the shelter into shelter manager with all the info we will need, descriptions, medical, notes and bios. She adds cat of the day to our public page and also works messenger responding to those reaching out to us. When cats get adopted she is the one that registers the chip number and sends the info to adopters.
Cindi goes above and beyond with new adopters working with them to make it as smooth transition as possible. Before coming to F2F Cindi volunteered with Pound Buddies for 13 years and also volunteered when she lived on the other side of the state. She is a great asset to all our fur kids. Cindi’s favorite 3 shelter cats are Tomas, Fitz and Dancer
Past Volunteers of the Month
See what our volunteers are saying!!
We asked, “I volunteer because…” and they answered
Can’t Volunteer at this time? We have Fostering opportunities!
Requirements for Fostering at F2F :
Benefits of Fostering at F2F :
- You must be 18 years or older to foster for F2F.
- You must own or rent a home that allows pets.
- You must have reliable transportation as our fosters will need to be brought to the shelter for spay/neuter surgery and veterinary appointments, and for adoption events.
- You must have a spare room for fosters to remain in for at least 2 weeks – especially in the case you have other pets in the home.
- You must be willing to come to the shelter and fill out the correct paperwork to foster.
- You must understand that some cats (especially kittens) will need to be in your care for up to (but not limited to) 2 months.
- You must allow a trained volunteer to visit your home (if needed).
- You must agree that the cats/kittens in your care belong to the shelter, and we (Faithful to Felines and all our affiliates) have the right to decide on their needs and care.
This list is not a complete list of requirements and a complete list will be provided to you upon completing your foster application form. Thank you for considering to become a foster!
- Fostering is free to you. We provide the veterinary care, food, litter and other needs of the kitties.
- Fostering provides a safe and healthy environment for kittens to grow.
- Cats living in a home often receive more attention, which helps relieve their stress.
- Fostered kittens are likely to be better sensitized to the world they’ll face when adopted.
- Fostering frees up space at the shelter so we can save more cats.
- Fostering is short term commitment.
- Fostering helps kittens become more social. When kittens are in foster they are introduced to friends, family, other pets, etc. It makes for a very well adapted cat.
If you would like more information on how to become a Foster at Faithful To Felines please call us at 231-773-3030, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message us on Facebook! You can also click here to contact us from our website or to see a list of our open hours!
Thank you! 🙂